Cerro Paine Trek
- Operated: From October to April, but it depends on conditions.
- Start: The Torres del Paine Welcome Center
- End: The Torres del Paine Welcome Center
- Trek Time: 10 hours return
- Distance: 16 km return
- Difficulty: Medium
- Experience Required: You need to be reasonably fit and accustomed to long walks.
- Altitude Gain: 1,508 m
Cerro Paine is located next to Almirante Nieto mountain in the east part of the park.
This hike offers an unprecedented and exclusive view of the Torres del Paine usually with few other tourists around.
Initially the trail is steep through the west hillside of Cerro Paine (1,508 meters). Ascending through a Lenga forest, where you may be able to see birds. Once the path reaches the tree line you will soon arrive at the D’Agostini Viewpoint.
The summit of Cerro Paine offers a 360° lookout, where you can see lagoons, mountains, forests, glaciers and the Towers of Torres del Paine. Considering that this trek it’s not that well known you will not find a lot of people hiking it, because it's not part of the W trek.
If you do not fancy the walk, there is an option to do a half-day horse ride to the top of Cerro Paine instead.